Costa Mesa, CA – May 12, 2015 – Paradigm Imaging Group, the North American distributor for Colortrac, Inc., announces the issuance of US Patent No. 8,922,849 to Colortrac for their SingleSensor technology which greatly improves the scan quality of their large format CIS scanner series.
Colortrac’s SingleSensor uses very similar basic technology to contact image sensor (CIS) scanners but instead of having separate rows of self-contained A4 sensors, Colortrac has completely re-invented the concept and produced a one-piece, rigid, single sensor strip with its own enhanced LED lighting system behind a single replaceable glass. This unique development has improved the quality obtainable from large format scanners to levels never seen previously.
SingleSensor has the following advantages over its competitors using modular CIS technologies in separate rows:
- Perfect color consistency – separate CIS modules can produce unwanted color bands
- Perfect step-free images – separate CIS modules can produce stepped scans
- More accurate imaging – paper bulges can form in between separated sensors
SingleSensor has the following advantages over CCD scanner technologies:
- Perfect color consistency – separate CCD modules can produce unwanted color bands
- Better long-term camera alignment – many CCD scanners require frequent re-calibration
- Sharper images – CCD technologies are not as sharp as SingleSensor at the same resolution
- Lower cost – CCD-based scanners are more expensive than SingleSensor technology
- Easier maintenance – CCD scanners have more parts than SingleSensor scanners
Colortrac SingleSensor scanners has many of the benefits of charge-coupled device (CCD) scanners that use more expensive cameras and lenses. By combining a custom-built, constant intensity, red, green and blue (RGB) LED lighting system right across the scanner width with angled self-focussing (SELFOC) lenses mounted on their own sensor strips, Colortrac has achieved another world first in SingleSensor.
“We’ve been distributing large format scanners for over 25 years from all of the major manufacturers and Colortrac has proven to be the technology leader who also delivers en exreamely reliable product at the most competitive price. Their SingleSensor technology is a prime example of that,” said Randy Geesman, President of Paradigm Imaging Group.