Costa Mesa, CA – November 11, 2014 – Paradigm Imaging Group, a leading distributor of large format scanning and printing solutions is adding to its flatbed scanner portfolio with the WideTEK 12 flatbed scanner from Image Access and will offer it to its network of resellers throughout North America.
A Smaller Model With All The Features and the Same High Speed as its Big Brother Image Access’ WideTEK 12 flatbed scanner has all the features and high scanning speed of the WideTEK 25 in a smaller A3+ model at a highly competitive price. The WideTEK 12 scans the full bed (19% more than A3, 12.5 x 18.5”) at 300dpi color in less than 3 seconds, twice as fast as the closest competition. The revolutionary 3D scanning mode opens new opportunities in printing and industrial inspection markets. 3D scanning captures the texture of surfaces so perfectly that the scan on a screen looks like the real thing.
The Scan2Net platform is the technological foundation of all WideTEK scanners from Image Access. It replaces the proprietary scanner drivers and software that traditional scanners require with the fastest common, nonproprietary inter-device connection available: TCP/IP, over Ethernet. With network interface speeds much higher than USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 scanners, Scan2Net devices are able to reach unrivaled performance at extremely low connectivity cost. Scan2Net scanners feature a 64bit Linux based operating system, dedicated to scanner specific imaging and mechanical control tasks, maximizing scanning speeds and performance.
- Full-Color Flatbed Scanner
- 12″ x 18.5″ Scanning Area but scans 19% more surface area than A3
- 1200 x 600 dpi Optical Resolution
- Captures 3D surfaces, textures of various materials, Braille print
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large color WVGA touchscreen for simple operation
- Integrated Walk-Up Scanning Software
- Network scanning via any web browser
- Automatic crop & deskew, on the fly rotation of images
- Real time display & modification of images without having to rescan
WideTEK 12 Applications:
- Scanning maps, color posters, display graphics, artwork, photographs
- Archiving periodicals, catalogs and magazines
- Scanning drafts and advertising on paper board, photos, fabrics, tiles
- Bound & stapled documents: contracts, accounting ledgers
- ScanOnce: Efficient scanning and copying workflow
- Capture 3D textures of fabrics, tiles, stone, flooring for catalogs
About Paradigm Imaging Group
Paradigm Imaging Group is a large format solutions provider whose expertise extends from scanning and printing products to imaging systems integration, software development and product distribution. Paradigm counts among its clients companies in reprographics, architecture, engineering, construction and manufacturing, as well as numerous public agencies at all levels of government. Since 1989, Paradigm has grown to become a leading distributor of large format scanning and printing solutions.
Founded in 1989 and based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire, UK, a region of British excellence in science and technology, Colortrac Ltd is the leading innovator in professional wide format color scanners and image acquisition software solutions. They are creating unique solutions to simplify scanning challenges across the full spectrum of applications, ranging from Graphic Arts to CAD, GIS, EDM and FM technical document scanning. Colortrac Ltd has offices in Beijing and Suzhou, P.R. China, in Chantilly, Virginia, USA and in Yokohama, Japan.